GALRITPOG - Ruined Love Stories

Geeks Acting Like Retards In The Presence Of Girls

This blog is a collection for all the ruined love stories told by geeks.

>>>Welcome to GALRITPOG<<<

Thursday 30 April 2009

Story #05

First, I'll tell you a bit about myself. I'm a fifteen year old guy who lives in Sweden. I am a rather charismatic and open-minded guy, who has achieved some sort of "legend"-status in my school, due to the countless in-jokes and the rather unique humour I have "invented", which I have managed to spread to most of the school. My stance towards love is something in the lines of "if I fall in love with someone, then I'll give it a try". I won't do it just for the social status. (something which seems pretty common in primary school, I'm afraid. Or maybe I'm just jealous. Who knows.)

The whole story is... classic. A new girl starts (this was two, soon three, years ago), and she catches my attention. At this time, though, it was nothing more than physical attraction and I was, truth to be told, not even remotely interested in girls at the time. I never spoke with her either, nor do I think she noticed me at all. I didn't think much of it back then, being busy playing RuneScape and all (/facepalm).


Anyway, around two years after this I begin to catch myself always looking after her wherever I go. I always seem to know exactly where she is, and find myself staring at her quite a few times (Now, I doubt she noticed it, me being a *cough* subtle man and all.)


Anyway, one day, when I sit and play a game of cards with a couple of friends (I was winning, I always am) she begins looking at me. Cheeks flushing (Or maybe not, but it sure as hell felt as if my cheeks were burning), I turn to her and look her into her eyes, smiling. We have eye-contact a few seconds before my attention is once again caught by the game.

Anyway, this happens quite a few times. I never dare to talk to her, though, not directly. When she's around, I'm never "myself". I'm never the "charismatic and open-minded guy" when she's around, but rather, afraid of embarassing myself by saying something utterly stupid, I keep an iron-hold on myself.


The best way to describe myself when she is around (atleast when I'm with my friends and she's with hers) would be cool and polite. Uninterested, even.

Whenever I was alone with her, though, all I dared to do was looking her into the eyes and smile, something I think might have intimidated her a bit.


Anyway, to make a long story short, nothing happens between us for several weeks. One of my best friends start to take interest in this girl, and she starts to take interest in him. Me, humility incarnate, pulls back whatever short walk I've taken along the road of love, and now they are happily in love with each other.

I'm still madly attracted to her, though, if not as much as to even try to "steal her", or whatever you'd like to call it, from one of my friends.

And, now, one of her best friends is, or so I suspect, in love with me... Oh, the irony.

'tis pretty much explains my membership here, don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment